Ava is exhibiting a sweet, generous spirit these days. When my mom came to visit, she wanted to get her and me a present. She also wanted to get one for herself, too :-) Greg took her to an accessory store and she bought - or rather, Greg did - three bracelets for my mom, myself, and herself.
A couple of weeks ago, we got a package from good friends in the States which included a pack of Disney princess theme lip glosses for Ava, among other things. There were 6 in a pack. First thing she did was get one out to try and then said, "I want to give the other ones for Ada, Ayse...." listing girls in her preschool class.
We really want to encourage her generosity, to think of others, etc. I hope to have her learn to give some of her toys away to poor children every year. I am not sure how we can do this in our country but hopefully next Christmas, we will have that figured out.
She's becoming more empathetic. The other day, I collapsed utterly exhausted and discouraged on the couch after putting Darcy down for a nap. Ava came up and gave me a kiss on the cheek and asked what was wrong. I told her I was very tired and needed a nap. She suggested that she watch a movie while I took a nap. And so we did - I took a 30 min nap on the couch with her in a chair watching a movie. I trusted her to stay out of trouble and she did great. I don't know how she knew that I could take a nap if she watched a movie. It's not likely I will do that again.
Ava also takes care of her baby sister. Whenever she sees Darcy fussing and crying, she sings to her and tries to distract her. Ava is showing more interest in Darcy, brushing her hair, holding her hand, etc.
Ava's a good kiddo.
No comments:
Post a Comment