Jan 31, 2013

Darcy: 5 Months Check Up

Darcy's only 3 days shy of turning 6 months and I am just now posting about her 5-month check up. In my defense, she had her check up only a couple of days before we left on vacation for two weeks. We've been back for two days and recovering from jet lag.

Darcy didn't grow an iota in length since her 4-month check up. She gained less than half a pound. The doctor insisted that I start her on solids immediately. I was in a quandary because we were soon leaving for vacation. We were going to a whole 'nother country where I wasn't even sure what brands of baby food they would have and besides, we were going to a resort on an island after a brief stint in Bangkok and I had no idea if baby food would even be available at the resort. Long story short, I decided to feed Darcy every two hours on the trip and so I did. I hope that it made a difference and so we will see at her 6-month check up.

This morning, I offered Darcy a tiny bit of smooshed banana (eschewing the rice cereal as baby's first food since it's devoid of nutrients) but she wouldn't have it and then finally swallowed it down, gagging in the process. She didn't want anything put into her mouth. I think she is still too tired from jet lag to be interested in anything new so I will try again in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment