Jun 23, 2012

Chop, Chop

Ava got about 3-4 inches of hair chopped off this afternoon. It now hangs just below her shoulders. I think it makes her look a bit older because she has a blunt haircut, not wispy layers of virgin baby hair.
 


It wasn't her first haircut (I've cut her hair twice before) but it was her first time visiting a salon.  I cut her hair last summer and it was shoulder-length. In one year, it grew several inches and hung halfway down her back. The longer it got, the more tangled it got, the more time it took to comb out the snarls, the less patience I had. I just couldn't stand it anymore so it was time to get her hair cut. With the heat, it would be cooler. I thought I'd have a pang of sadness seeing her hair chopped off....um, nope.


She was hamming for the camera. Not the best shot of her new haircut but it suffices to show how much shorter it is. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, cute! One day I'll have to cut Lane's, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/27/2012

    Cutie pie! Not shy at all. Love, Uncle Brookie

    ReplyDelete