May 10, 2012

Quiet Day

Right now as I type this, Ava is clutching her pink corduroy cat and plush elephant and snuggling with her daddy in the bouncy/pseudo-rocking chair. It's overcast and drizzling on and off. I'd asked Ava earlier this morning if she wanted to go out and play at the park. She actually turned me down. I asked if she wanted to go bye-bye somewhere. "No, thanks. You stay here with me." This coming from a child who loves to go. She pretty much goes out everyday - to preschool, to places with her parents, to visit with our Deaf friends, to our small group on Sunday mornings, etc. Every now and then, she wants to be a homebody and just relax. Usually, I'm down with that, but for once, I would rather be out today. I was cooped up all day yesterday working on language so I'm ready for some fresh air.

Then Daddy came home early because his commitment canceled on him. He's been exhausted from the last couple of busy days so he's glad to be a homebody along with Ava. Two peas in a pod.

I think I'd rather go out and run errands in the drizzling rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment