Nov 6, 2009

7 Months and Active

I have to apologize for not having posted in a while. I'd lost interest in blogging. Anyway, Ava turned 7 months two days ago and she's a pistol. She was already trying to crawl before she turned 6 months. She was mostly doing a combination of crawling and creeping along on her stomach. In one short month, she went from a fumbling crawl to crawling easily like a pro, pulling up, and cruising. For some of you who may need "cruising" to be defined, it basically means pulling up on something - like a couch or coffee table - and then walking along the couch from one end to the other using it as support. It's hard to believe! Ava is still having a bit of trouble figuring out how to get down to the floor from a standing position. She'll see a toy on the floor she wants and look longingly at it. She'll bend her knees and reach for the floor and then straighten up, over and over until she finally plops on her bottom.

Now, Ava is starting to branch out and go on an adventure. At first, she was content to crawl around the living room space and find enough to keep her entertained. Now, she's crawling towards the dining area and a short distance down the hall. She seems more aware that there's more out there than the space she's in. She's keeping me busy.

I forgot to mention that Ava and I flew down to Florida at the beginning of October for a visit with family there. It was Ava's first time flying and she did great. I was a bit anxious about the huge roar of takeoff scaring Ava but she didn't even blink. We had a good time in Florida and mommy got a break!

I didn't dress Ava up for Halloween. I'm probably the only person on the face of the planet (well, maybe just in the US since the rest of the world doesn't celebrate Halloween) who didn't dress her baby up. I usually like Halloween and costumes but I simply just dropped the ball with getting Ava a costume. There's always next year and Ava will probably enjoy it more at 18 months than at 6 months.

The time changed affected Ava for a couple of days. She was waking up at 5 and 6am but I think she's adjusted now because she actually slept past 7 this morning (I was overjoyed!), which she rarely did even before the time change.

We did a 6-month photo shoot a couple of weeks ago, thanks to dear friends Jayson and Jerri with their fabulous camera and mad photography skills. I'll be posting them on Shutterfly soon!

All in all, Ava's becoming more fun to interact with. She smiles easily and frequently. She's pretty easygoing as long as she has her naps. When Greg comes home from work, she lights up and crawls to him. That baby loves her daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment