Ava turned 6 months yesterday and had her 6-month checkup today. We saw the nurse practitioner this time. She had her shots, screamed her brains out, and recovered in just minutes.
Ava is 27 and 1/4 inches long and slipped down to the 95th percentile (at 4 months, she was greater than 95%). She weighs 15 lbs and 14 oz and went from 75th to 50th percentile. Her head circumference dropped from 50th to 30th percentile. Basically, she only grew 1/2 inch and gained 1 lb in the last two months. It's supposed to be twice that. The nurse practitioner doesn't seem concerned but I'm definitely concerned and trying not to worry. I guess it's par for the course since she sleeps through the night and therefore doesn't take in as much calories. She also is pretty active and probably burns off calories faster and it looks like Ava has the long and lean body type.
Ava is starting to crawl. She's still uncoordinated but she can definitely move along. Despite her growth rate slowing down (slightly), she's still very alert, happy, and hitting her milestones on time.
Ava is still a terrible napper. She still only naps for 45 minutes and she now fights her naps something fierce to the point where she is skipping naps sometimes. It's hard to endure her crying at naptime day in and day out but she does eventually fall asleep. I know - you're thinking, "well, just rock/drive/stroll her to sleep." It doesn't work. Believe me. BUT...I must say to her credit that she is sleeping through the night and goes down at bedtime without a peep. I'm becoming more accustomed to sleeping through the night now and I don't wake up during the night as much anymore.
Ava will be flying for the first time tomorrow. She and I are heading to FL for a nice break for mommy and grandparent time for Ava. Since Ava hates taking naps, let's hope and pr*y that she'll sleep on the plane!
Diana, it was so great to see your family tonight! I am sure I'll be calling you (from overseas) for encouragement at some point! It was so great to catch up a little and hold your sweet little Ava. Hang in there with the naps. It'll get better. Luke started out that way and I was convinced he just wasn't going to be a good napper and then one day...
ReplyDeletelove you and miss you already!