Nov 10, 2009

Flapping Arms

Ava's pretty funny. She has some idiosyncrasies. For example, she actually doesn't mind having her face covered and I've never seen a baby who didn't freak when his face was covered. Sometimes when I am changing Ava at the changing table, she'll grab whatever clothing item I'm about to change her into or that I've already changed her out of and cover her face with it. Here's the funny part: when she covers her face, she flaps her arms like she's trying to fly. I usually burst out laughing and she'll pull off the clothing to look at me and grin. So just picture Ava on the changing table with something covering her face and flapping her arms like a bird. It's appropriate since the Latin meaning of her name is derived from "avis", meaning "bird." I love my little bird!

Here are a few pictures from her 6-month photo shoot that Jayson and Jerri did at Joyner Park in Wake Forest. They're a bit grainy because they're pretty big photos and I've had to shrink them down for the blog.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my Gosh how adorable!! She is so precious and beautiful. Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete