Ava turns two months tomorrow! Yay! The sad thing is, it's also her two months appointment which means (cue ominous music) .... shots. Yes, shots. Poor thing. Well, lucky thing babies have amnesia and grow up to remember nothing of their first two years of their lives. Anyway, I will update about her appointment tomorrow.
Have I mentioned that Ava has been smiling and cooing since she was 5 weeks? She smiles and coos in the mornings after a good night's sleep. She smiles spontaneously at nothing. She grins and coos at her mobile hanging over her bouncy seat. She smiles and coos while I'm changing her diaper. What a smiley kid! Just the other day, she was fussy from fatigue so I popped in a CD to see if music would calm her. A woman was singing and she started cooing (Ava, not the singer) like crazy as loud as she could! It was hilarious! It's as if she was singing along.
The great news is that she is sleeping through the night. She started sleeping longer at 5 weeks, making it a 6 hours stretch and now, she sleeps 8 hours at a stretch, wakes up for a feeding, and goes back down for another three hours. Basically, she's in her crib by 9 or 10 and sleeps until 5 am, when she wakes up for a feeding, and goes directly back down until 8 am. I'm slowly getting caught up on sleep and my brain feels less and less foggy.
Oh, and I graduated! It's great to have that out of the way.
Greg, Ava, and I are headed down to Florida in a couple of weeks. It'll be Ava's first road trip and not only that, it's also a reeeally long trip. We should probably practice with a short trip somewhere first to see how Ava can handle it. Do you think a 2 month old can handle a 11-hr trip? I'm a bit nervous.
I'll post again soon about the pediatrician appointment tomorrow. I can't wait to see how heavy Ava is. :-)
Hey Darling; I can't wait until y'all come to Florida. Gene bought me a new camera today so I will be taking lots of snapshots of our darling Ava. I can't believe she is already two months old.
ReplyDeleteThis will be her first trip to Grandma's and her first beach trip. She can't have a Mom from Florida and not go to the beach!
Love you, Mom