May 6, 2009

Smile

I've noticed that Ava is starting to track objects now. She watches me walk by, tracking me with her eyes and turning her head. She's also starting to smile socially. I know they're not gassy smiles because I can tell she fixates on me and reacts to our interactions but her smiles are still fleeting and I usually can't get her to smile again for Greg. I've hovered over her with a camera, trying to get her to smile again and I've been unsuccessful. She also has a longer attention span (especially since she's been napping a lot better) and is interested in objects around her. She has stared at a stuffed animal that I plunked in her line of sight for good few minutes.

This weekend is Mother's Day! We are having a baby dedication service at this Sunday. So...what should Ava wear? Hmm...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I wish she could wear the little white dress that you wore for your dedication. I still have it and I do want a picture of Ava wearing it before she out grows it. It was a gift from your Aunt Bettye. I know, I know, I'm sentimental but I just can't help it. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete