"Jesus loves all the little children
All the children of the world
Black and yellow, red and white
They're precious in sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world."
One night, Greg wasn't home at bedtime and Ava wanted to sing that song. I sang it to her, butchering the line with the colors because I couldn't remember the order, adding in ridiculous colors like purple and snickering through it at the images of purple children in my head. So then it went on - every time I sang it, I invented the colors and laughing all the while.
Last night, Ava said she wanted to sing it herself. As she got to the line with the colors, she snickered through it just like I always do. It set me off laughing because she probably doesn't know the colors in that line either because I never sang it correctly or even coherently!
I have fun with Ava sometimes, rapping the story of Cinderella, purposely butchering different songs, changing tunes, etc. Greg is usually entertained, too...
No comments:
Post a Comment