This morning, Ava raided her closet and put on a summer dress. She said, "Wook at me, I'm Princess Ava!" Then she grabbed her silver wand with a rhinestone-studded star on top and asked, "Do you want to be Princess Mommy?"
Me: "Yeah, sure."
Ava proceeds in a matter-of-fact, businesslike tone: "Okay, I'm going to take my star and make you a princess (mimics Cinderella's movements as she was being transformed from ragtag to glamorous) and you put on wipstick (miming lipstick application) and smile (grinning at me)! And then you go (gasp) 'I'm a princess,' 'kay?"
Me: "Okay!"
She waved her wand and gasped: "you're Princess Mommy!" She scooped up a plastic tiara and puts it on my head. She offered one of her princess costumes and asked if I wanted to wear it.
Me: "No, baby, the dress is too little and I am too big," thinking, definitely too big with my big belly.
No comments:
Post a Comment