So, we all know Ava's going to be a big sister but will she have a little sister or little brother? Turns out that she'll have a sister! I realized that I'd told people in every conceivable way (in person, text, email, and on Facebook) except on the blog.
I asked Ava what she wanted to call the baby. All of this was while she was eating a chocolate chip cookie from a batch that she'd help her daddy make this morning:
A: "That's not your baby, that's my baby."
(She has a little stuffed puppy that she carries around and calls her baby)
Me: "No, the baby in my belly."
A: "Oh. Baby's four."
(She told someone recently that her daddy was four and her mommy was twenty)
Me: "No, Ava, not how old the baby is. What's the baby's name?"
A: "Her name is Baby Baby."
Me: "Her name is Baby Baby?"
A: "Yep."
Baby Baby it is. I'll ask her again and see if she changes the name.
PS: This is the 200th post. Is that like a birthday in the blogosphere?
Oh that child, there is no telling with her! She is so funny!!!
ReplyDelete