After I tried to potty-train Ava last week with high expectations and only ended up with frustration, I stopped. Then a few days later, Ava started taking herself to the potty. All week long, she has been doing great but here's the thing. She does great when she's buck naked. I tried putting underwear on her one day this week and she had an accident in it. I figured the underwear made her brain think it was a diaper so I would skip it the next time I dressed her. Today, we were heading out so I skipped the underwear and put loose shorts on her. Oh yeah, and a t-shirt. She had an accident in them within a few minutes of putting on the shorts.
I'm at a loss about what to do with it. I feel like I'm confusing her brain or something when I put clothes on her. Help anyone?
Here's a suggestion: When at home put on underware as normal but take her to the pottie every hour. It is time comsuming but it might help her catch on. Potty training is not one of the highlights when raising kids. I think we all dreaded having to train our kids. Hope things get better Darling. Love you
ReplyDelete