In the ordinary course of things, the ordinary toddler will, in unbridled curiosity, shove things up her nose. It is a law of nature. Thus, it should be a rule of thumb in parenting a toddler that you should always peer up your toddler's nose with a light regularly because the toddler may give no indication of something lurking in the dark, moist nasal regions. This is a lesson I have learned and I pass this on to you, O Parents of Toddlers. And also to Parents of Older Children who might, in funny antics to draw a laugh, stick things up their noses. Well, for that matter, some adults do the same thing, so you should check your adult children's noses, too.
I am sure, dear Reader, that you have come to the brilliant deduction that this happened to Ava. Yes, it happened and we were unable to remove the disgusting, mysterious object high up in Ava's right nostril. It warranted a trip to the pediatrician this morning who couldn't remove it and then referred us to an ENT doctor at a nearby hospital. The ENT doctor was funny, friendly, and energetic. He warned me that if he couldn't remove it, it would require putting Ava under anesthesia in the OR. Thankfully, he was able to extract the offending object with professional ease and speed. It turned out to be the sponge tip of an eyeshadow applicator. I guess we can conclude that Ava got into my makeup, found an eyeshadow applicator, ripped off the sponge tip, and had the irresistible urge to shove it up her nose.
The funny ENT doctor held up the sponge tip and asked, "Want this for your scrapbook?"
No, thanks.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Made me laugh out loud! I do love your little one!
ReplyDelete