Nov 26, 2010

Random Pictures

Here are some random fall pictures. Let's start off with Halloween pictures, which are long overdue.
Halloween costume - 80s ballerina

Ava tricking and treating with friend Kellie Jo who was Tinkerbell
Cooking with Daddy

We had some friends visit us a couple of weeks ago, to whom we lent Ava's infant bouncy seat for their baby boy. They returned the seat and Ava rediscovered it.  It's crazy the difference in Ava from a year and half ago - as these two pictures show:


19 months
About 4-5 weeks old

Ava's a little quirky sometimes. See the next picture below:

Quirky Ava
Can't figure out what the thing Ava is sitting in?
It's a organizational drawer thing that I used for my miscellaneous sewing notions and supplies. I got a cupboard for my sewing corner and this drawer thing was too big to fit in it. So I simply took out the drawers and stacked them up in the cupboard and left the white case out. For Ava, it became a new, fascinating toy. It's now her seat of some sort. The holes that she has her legs through is the bottom of the drawer. The top of the drawer is her backrest. I really think she likes how cozy it feels. 

Speaking of coziness, I was making pumpkin muffins just a couple of days before Thanksgiving and needed Ava to be occupied and quiet so I could finish my task. I installed her underneath her high chair, made a fort with blankets, and applied snacks and drinks every so often. Ava was very quiet in there for a good 20 minutes. I thought her feet sticking out was cute. 


Okay, I don't know if this is a stage or what but Ava is becoming an enormous challenge to get dressed. Whether it's after a bath, changing into or out of PJs, or whatever, she loves to wriggle away and run naked if she can. Getting her into footsie PJs is the absolute WORST. I could change her diaper and get her -wriggling- into one article of clothing before she escapes half naked (see below). Then, if I have enough energy, I will chase her down and wrestle her into a shirt, which means Ava is laughing her head off and wriggling mightily. If I have no energy, I let her run off and ignore her. She'll get bored waiting for me to chase her and start playing with her guard down. This is when I execute my blitzkrieg attack on the unsuspecting child and whip her into a shirt before she even realizes what's happening. Ava still hasn't learned her lesson: Mommy. Always. Wins.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting photos of Miss Ava. They are so cute. The last photo of her in jeans reminds me of you as a toddler. I see you in her in this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. McKinley went through that same phase of running away half dressed. I did the same thing you have described. Hold out hope that it is just a phase. McKinley doesn't run away anymore. He occasionally resists getting dressed, but snaps to attention when I use my "mommy voice". Hopefully Ava will be more compliant before you run completely out of steam.

    ReplyDelete