Our family conversation this morning went like this:
Greg: “Hey, Ava, what does the cow say?”
Ava: “Mooo.”
G: “What does the sheep say?”
A: “Bahaha.”
G: “What does the pig say?”
A: (snort snort)
G: “What does Ava say?”
A: (slight pause) “Mooo.”
Me: “What does the baby say?”
A: “Bahahaha.”
Someone gave Ava a standard size beach ball. She loves it and it’s nearly as big as she is. The most hilarious thing I see her doing with it is when she leans all her weight on it and the ball slips out from under her and she falls on her side and lays there frozen in surprise. Her eyes dart to me to gauge my reaction (which is usually laughter - I’m a bad mama) and then she’ll make up her mind not to cry and pick herself up.
Occasionally, I build a fort for Ava in the living room. She loves it. The other day, I put the kitchen table chairs in the living room to sweep the kitchen and I decided to put a sheet over the chairs for Ava. She was delighted and crawled underneath to play. I put her little toy microwave (with plastic hamburger and buns), toy vacuum cleaner, toy telephone in the fort to make it all her own. She just needed a toy sewing machine and it would’ve been perfect. Her high chair usually sits flush against the side of our refrigerator and she likes to climb between the chair legs and sit with her pink cat under the high chair. I think she just feels cozy there, all boxed in. Twice, I’ve thrown a blanket over the high chair and peeked underneath to find her grinning.
I keep trying to think of funny things Ava has been doing lately but it’s mostly things that you have to see for yourself. Ava dearly loves going outside and it has been so hot lately that she hasn’t minded coming back inside the house after playing outside briefly. She runs full tilt everywhere and cannot stand to be in the stroller or shopping cart or car seat. I went off for a weekend to a retreat, leaving Ava and Greg at his parents’ house. I returned after a day and half and could’ve sworn that Ava grew several inches overnight. She’s growing, people! I can’t stop it!
No comments:
Post a Comment