Apr 23, 2010

Sign for Sleep

It's dear to my heart that Ava knows sign language. I don't mean just the basic signs most parents teach their babies - I want her to be fluent and conversational in ASL. Ava has been picking up signs and actually communicating with signs. Lately, every time I put Ava down for a nap, I sign "sleep" to her. This afternoon, I put Ava down and before I could sign anything, she was signing "sleep" to me. Man, does that warm my heart! She can say things like "eat," "more," "all done," and "sleep." She understands a lot more but I've yet to see her use the signs that she knows.

I'm just encouraged and my heart is full!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how precious is that! She is such a smart little girl she will catch on quickly. She is so adorable and we enjoyed getting to spend the week with her over Easter. We are still talking about it. I still laugh about her running back into the St. Marks Cafe and start dancing to the music. That's our girl!!

    ReplyDelete