Jan 25, 2010

Bye Bye

Yesterday, I asked Greg if I could have the afternoon to myself and sew. I couldn't remember the last time I had a good chunk of alone time without interruptions and was feeling the need for it. So, Greg whisked Ava off to town and they spent daddy-daughter time together. It seemed to be good for Ava and Greg and it was definitely good for me! Anyway, I digress. This is all a preface to what happened this morning as Greg was leaving for work. He had his jacket on and was at the door so I guess Ava could recognize that he was leaving. He scooped Ava up to give her a goodbye kiss and Ava turned to me and waved bye-bye. It looked like she thought she was getting another repeat of yesterday!

Ava is doing well. She is picking up new skills and staying busy. That kid is always moving. She has learned to clap her hands and wave bye-bye. She is mimicking new things like making fish faces, clicking tongue, making kissing sounds. She seems to be understanding us when we talk to her. A couple of times, she has pointed to something she wanted. I signed "more" to her and she signed it back to me once and hasn't repeated it since. When I sign "mama" to her, she says "mama." Or maybe it's closer to "baba."

That's all, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment