Dec 12, 2009

She Knows...

I think Ava is getting used to finding something and having me take it away from her. She's getting to where she has something in her hand and sees me coming directly to her, she knows what's coming next and she'll get excited. And I don't mean the joyful kind of excited but like "OH NO, here she comes!" I can't describe with words exactly what she does - she just sort of...bounces, for the lack of a better description. She doesn't usually cry when I take something from her or say "no."

Unless she's sick - like today.

Well, today, we were in her room and she found a bag of diapers and was pulling the diapers out and playing with the bag, just crinkling it up and shaking it. I decided to let her play with the bag under close supervision but I approached her to pick up the diapers. She saw me coming, "bounced" a couple of times, and immediately started crying. She continued to cry, clutching her bag, as I picked up the diapers around her. And continued to cry as I put away the diapers. She stopped when she realized she still had the bag.

I just thought it was funny that she'd automatically assumed that I was coming to take her "toy" away. I guess it happens a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment