First of all, Greg and I love to travel and we hope to make a traveler out of Ava. Tomorrow is her first road trip. We're heading down to Florida to spend time with family and friends. Ava isn't overly fond of her car seat and tends to fuss unless she's asleep. It's a LONG drive and Ava will probably sleep most of the way. I hope that she will sleep at night after the road trip!
It will also be Ava's first experience at the beach. As some of you know, I was fortunate to grow up in the coastal area and spent many lovely days and weekends on the beach. By the time I got my own car, I was at my favorite beach (St. George!) almost every weekend in the spring and summer until I moved away 6 years ago. I can't wait to instill a love for the beach in Ava's heart and to show her all the neat marine life at Mashes Sands and the bay area along the coast to St. George and eventually take her to Sea World (my favorite!). Okay, I'm rambling...
Ava has been doing well. She's a smiling, babbling, and kicking baby. She smiles spontaneously at nothing and seems to be a happy baby as long as she gets her naps. She's getting so big that she's starting to fill up the bouncy seat and it won't be long before she outgrows it. Now, something unfortunate has been happening this week. She was doing well sleeping through the night for several weeks but in the last 5 days, she's been waking up during the night for a feeding, earlier and earlier each night. Last night, she woke up at 2:30 am. I'd been warned by friends that the sleeping through the night may not last and sure enough, they're right! I sure miss sleeping through the night.
Our dear friend Jerri was kind of enough to take out her Nikon and do a photo shoot of Ava this weekend. She did a great job! My mom sent up a white dress that I'd worn when I was a baby and asked for Ava's picture to be taken in the same dress so we did a photo shoot. Ava didn't smile very much since she didn't have a good nap that morning and was too sleepy to do anything. I've posted the pictures to Ava's website (www.avasophiarobinett.shutterfly.com) in the "10 Weeks Photo Shoot" album. Jerri took about 200 pictures and I've uploaded a few of them. They're in black and white and I also have color pictures - as soon as I can find a few more minutes to upload the colors ones. Thank you, Jerri!
Well, I must run and get ready for the trip tomorrow! It's also Father's Day this weekend so Happy Father's Day to you daddies out there!
PS: By the way, I believe you can order prints from Ava's website if you'd like to have some.
No comments:
Post a Comment