Apr 20, 2009

Two Weeks Old - A Champion Eater

This afternoon, I took Ava to her two-weeks pediatrician appointment. She checked out just fine and healthy -- well, more than JUST fine and healthy. She was 7 lbs and 11 oz at her last appointment about 11 days ago and now she is 8 lbs and 15 oz! She was expected to gain an ounce a day (at least 11 oz total since the last appointment) and she gained a pound and 4 ounces total in 11 days! Ava is an ounce shy of 9 pounds. Wow! She measured in the 85th percentile in weight and length (21.5 inches).

I was told that she should feed about 15 minutes to 30 minutes at a time but Ava generally feeds in about 10 minutes. I was worried that she was eating too little, even though she had enough wet and dirty diapers to show that she was eating enough. I guess little Miss Ava is a power eater and she efficiently gets what she needs in 1o minutes, as evident by her weight gain. That's my girl!

I'm going to try and find a photo website such as Shutterfly to upload all the pictures of Ava that way all the pictures are in one place for you to flip through, instead of scrolling through my posts on this blog. I'll post with the website address and direct you to her pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Darling. We are all eager to see Miss Ava as she grows. She is truly an adorable child. Can't wait to see her this summer.

    Love you

    Mom

    ReplyDelete