Mar 10, 2009

Waiting

I went to the doctor last Friday on the 6th and it was, again, another routine checkup. I did get checked, though, and I'm not quite a centimeter dilated but the encouraging part is that I am effaced enough that the doctor could feel the baby's head. So, that indicates some progress towards labor. I'm happy with a little bit of progress! Even though I'm supposed to go to the doctor weekly, I'm booked for next week Monday because this Friday was apparently too full. We had a snow day last week that closed the doctor's office and shifted appointments to the point of overscheduling for this week.

It's odd because last Monday, it snowed a couple of inches or more. It was really cold and some of the snow/ice stuck for a couple of days. Then by Friday, it was warm and Saturday, we were wearing shorts and flip-flops. It's hard to believe that in a matter of days, we went from wearing coats to wearing flip-flops. It's such crazy weather but I've really enjoyed this warm spell. I've been sitting outside in the afternoons trying to soak in the warmth as much as I can before it gets cool again.

Well, just 20 more days left and I must say that I'm feeling it. I don't want to use this blog to complain but I'm pretty tired all the time now. I'm keeping my days low-key and resting as much as I can. I'm full-term now so I'm going to try and go walking to speed up labor. Apparently, that's supposed to help labor...and it'll help my overall well-being, too. Ava is just hunky-dory and she moves regularly and actively. It's hard to believe that she even has any room to move at all!

I'll be back to post again next week.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, my suggestion is walk, walk, walk and walk some more. Take a needed water/rest your feet break and then walk again. That's all I did my last week or pregnancy. We'd love to walk with you if you want some company.

    ReplyDelete