Mar 16, 2009

Another OB Checkup - 38 Weeks

I'm 38 weeks now with 14 days to go. I went for another weekly OB checkup today and again, very routine and I didn't get an internal exam to see if any pre-labor progression has been made. The doctor said probably at the next appointment that I might get checked. I did find out the official measurements from the last appointment that I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. That was 10 days ago on the 6th so I have no idea if much progress has been made in the last ten days.

I had a stomach bug over the weekend. I'm getting better now, trying to stay hydrated and eating a bit of bland food to regain strength little by little. I was actually hoping that I wouldn't go into labor while I was still sick or recovering. It has been my goal to go into labor healthy, well-rested, and with little stress.

I'm due back at the doctor on Tuesday the 24th so there will be another post then.

No comments:

Post a Comment