Feb 23, 2009

Seriously?

Seriously? Seriously? 35 days left? Well, I don't think I can hold Ava Sophia to the due date because I think she'll actually be late. I'm not being pessimistic, just expecting the worst so I can be prepared to carry past due date and if she comes a little early or on time, I'll just be pleasantly surprised! They say only 5% of babies come on their due dates, anyway.

My mom and stepdad came up to visit from last Wednesday to Sunday for a baby shower. My dear friends Paige and Michelle threw the shower and did an awesome job! Instead of a corsage, I got a flower in my hair and had good times with friends there. Alas, I forgot my camera so I have no pictures to post! Michelle took some pictures and I'll post as soon as I get them.

Mom was a TREMENDOUS help when she was here. The baby's room was all set up but disorganized and there were still piles of clothes and some gifts to sort through. I'd been putting it off because it was so overwhelming and I had other things going on. We spent Friday shopping for some extra things I needed, sorted through and organized everything in the baby room, washed and folded two laundry loads of baby clothes, receiving blankets, and hooded towels. Today, I headed back to the store for an organizer that I can hang on a closet door to store diapers and extra stuff. So, now the baby's room is all ready!! Well, except for decorations. The baby is sure lacking for nothing. I have everything I need except for a couple of things.

Anyway, I can hardly believe it's ready. It's a relief and a joy to look at the baby room and see how it's all done and organized. I admit I'm somewhat possessive of the room. I showed Greg where everything was and....(ahem) made a little teensy rule that he was not allowed to reorganize or change anything. Even the baby clothes are organized in the drawers in a very specific way and he's not allowed to change it or put clothes in the wrong places. I know, I know...I'm being stupid but just blame it on the nesting instinct or something. I just need to feel prepared for the baby and I want to know that everything is in its spot and I don't have to frantically look for something. The last thing I need is added stress when I'm exhausted and dealing with hormones the first weeks of the baby's life. I'm sure once the baby's born and we get a hang of things, the rule will go out the window.

Well, maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Darling, I had a great time visiting and shopping with you. It was fun helping you get the nursery ready for Ava. She will look like a little doll in all those pretty clothes. I can't wait to see her. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete