The other day, I suddenly realized that in just a little over two weeks, I'll be starting my THIRD trimester. Since then, I've been gripped with a sense of urgency to start getting ready for the baby. I've been eyeing our second bedroom (the only bedroom we have in addition to our own master bedroom) which has been the office/guest room/junk room for the whole time we've lived here. I'm starting to get anxious to get the room cleaned out and baby furniture installed. My brother and sister-in-law gave me about 4 HUGE bags (like size of trash bags!) of their daughter's baby clothes and I'm ready to go through them and wash them and put them in the....dresser that is nonexistent at the moment? I have crib bedding that I'm also ready to wash and put on the crib...which is also nonexistent.
I also went online to open up a baby registry at Target and Babies R Us the other day. I only opened them. There's nothing on either list. I didn't register for any products whatsoever. None. You know why? My usual reaction to being overwhelmed by choices is to shut down and walk away. So I simply didn't do it. I logged off the blank, empty registeries and left them alone. Registering for a wedding is a lot easier than registering for a baby. Greg and I will have to go to both stores and examine all the items. Making so many decisions can be exhausting so I dread it. I also will drag a friend who had a baby this summer to help me eliminate and make better choices.
Ava is doing well, just alternatingly kicking and chilling out. She's supposed to be about 13 inches from head to toe and about a pound and half by now.
Hope you're enjoying the season!
No comments:
Post a Comment