Greg scored some pretty sweet points last night! He came home and surprised me with a pregnancy pillow! The night before, I'd slept horribly, tossing and turning, waking up every hour and was so uncomfortable. I had pillows to support my back, support my hips inbetween my legs, and tucked under my belly. It's irritating to change positions and rearrange everything again and poor Greg gets poked all night by two or three pillows. I got up at 4:30 am and went back to sleep for couple of hours at 6:30 am. The rest of the day, I was so weary, unenergetic, and felt like I had the flu. I tried taking a nap and I was still so uncomfortable that I couldn't sleep. My lower back was hurting off and on but by the end the day, it had settled in and sent twinges all over my lower back at every step I took. So, Greg stopped by the store last night and got me a pregnancy pillow and boy, I tell ya, it helped tremendously!
It's a long snaky pillow that curves under your head, down your back, curves under and between your legs, and up to support your growing belly. It's not a floppy pillow and it stays curved so that it continues to support your body. It's only one pillow that you need to contend with instead of multiples to rearrange every time you change position. I slept better last night and it really helped my back. I teased Greg last night by calling the pregnancy pillow my new boyfriend since I was snuggling with it instead of him! :-)
Only 8 more days til my third trimester starts!

No comments:
Post a Comment