Dec 4, 2008

Retro


My grandmother, who just recently passed away, made this dress for my mom when she was pregnant with my brother. My Aunt Carmen then wore it when she was pregnant then my mom wore it again with me. I guess the style back in the 70s was to hide your belly and the current style now is to show off your belly. The dress was so big and roomy (you can't even see my belly in the dress) when I tried it on but it fit great in the shoulders and sleeves.

Mom said it would've tickled Grandmother to see a second generation wearing a dress that she'd made.

I'm currently studying for final exams and my poor pregnancy brain is unable to retain anything. I was busy last night calculating what I needed to make on my final exam in one class in order to pass for the semester. I can make an 60% F on the final and pass with a C but hopefully that won't be the case, though. Poor Greg is being squeezed mercilessly - he is extremely busy at work and is extremely busy at home studying for finals. He is feeling a ton of stress but he still has a smile and a hug for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment