I feel horribly guilty. My appetite has been increasing lately. I thought it'd increased before but that was a joke -- it's definitely BIG now. No matter how much I eat or how often, I still get hungry. Well, I get hungry at bedtime and when I wake up during the night. Pre-pregnancy, I usually just ignore the hunger pangs and go to bed hungry and I continued this for the most part in pregnancy. I was worried that if I eat the minute I go to bed, I'd get acid reflux and be awake all night from digesting food while lying down.
Well, I went to bed just a little bit hungyr last night and woke up this morning feeling anxious about it. I started having niggling doubts that it probably isn't right and sure enough, I just read a few minutes ago that while pregnant, I'm not supposed to go to bed hungry - ever. Reading that broke my heart because I know if I'm hungry, so is the baby and since Ava is pretty active all night, she's awake.....and hungry. I just feel horrible about it! I just made that poor little thing suffer hunger and I'm such a lousy mother! Now, all I want to do is eat every time I get hungry so I can feed the baby. I absolutely cannot stop feeling so bad about this.
The last two days, we've been eating at Moe's. Y'all know Moe, right? They yell at you when you come in the place: "Welcome to MOE's!!" It's one of the few cheap restaurants that I can actually eat at and enjoy it. I get the naked (meaning no tortilla) Joey Bag of Donuts which is basically Mexican rice, beans (I get black), grilled meat (I get chicken), and whatever toppings you want (I get cheese and pico de gallo). All of that stuff in a bowl is pretty filling. I'm usually stuffed to the point of misery and YET...just two or three hours later, I'm hungry again. Greg gets a big lunch, too, and doesn't want to eat again except maybe a snack late evening. When I get hungry after such a big meal, I look at Greg and say, "I'm hungry" and start laughing my head off. It's hilarious to me that I am an EATING MACHINE.
And guess what? I'm going to Moe's again for lunch today. We got a voucher for a free lunch! Hello, Moe!! I'm already hungry....
No comments:
Post a Comment