I get a weekly update from this pregnancy website and it informs me how big the baby is, what's developing, how my body is changing, what I should be doing, etc. Today, I learned something interesting! What I eat from day to day flavors the amniotic fluid which the baby practices drinking for hydration and nutrition! The baby by now has well developed taste buds so she's definitely tasting what I'm eating! Isn't that crazy? She tasted the spicy lentil soup I ate for a couple of days last week. They also said, "In fact, researchers have noted that babies who were exposed to certain tastes in utero via the amniotic fluid were more eager to eat foods with that same taste after birth." I better eat up on my veggies and fruit if I want her to like broccoli and bananas! Hmm....maybe I better lay off the chocolate.
Ava Sophia should now be 10 inches long from head to toe -- a size of a banana (like the one which I am about to devour because I have hunger pangs right now) and weighs almost 11 oz. It won't be long before she weighs a whole stinkin' pound! She also sleeps about 12-14 hours a day which is hard to believe because it seems like I feel her moving all the time. I feel her moving when I'm sitting in class and she moves a lot after I eat.
Well, I haven't had chocolate all day because Greg has hidden it from me and he's not here to ration out some to me. I've been cooking chuck roast in the crockpot all day and the house smells heavenly. I'm making sour cream gravy to go with it and serve it over rice. I'm SO hungry that I wish the roast was done already...
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment