Nov 10, 2008

The Halfway Milestone

I'm 20 weeks (4.5 months) and officially halfway - that is, if I carry exactly 40 weeks. I had my monthly OB check-up and it was boring. The doctor measured my belly at 20 cm, which is supposed to correspond with how many weeks you're in. 20 cm = 20 weeks. We also listened to the heartbeat and it sounded great. Everything is just looking great - blood pressure, iron levels, etc. I've gained 3 pounds since my last OB appointment a month ago, for a grand total of 8 pounds. I'm pretty happy that I haven't gained a lot of weight. Right now, I'm supposed to be 4 pounds heavier to be on the low end of the target weight range. Believe me, I'm eating.

Greg felt the baby move last week. I was lying on my back feeling the baby kicking up a storm and he put his hand on my belly and to both our surprise, he felt the baby kick and do a somersault. The somersault gave me the heebie jeebies. It felt so strange!

I still have not had any weird cravings. I just eat a lot of chocolate. Greg has to hide the bags of chocolate and ration them out to me. Just a few minutes ago, I asked for some more and he said I could have three pieces now and none tonight or vice versa. Tyrant. :-) Seriously, I've asked him to do this because I could inhale a whole bag of Dove bite-size chocolates in one day. I've eaten half a bag in one sitting without realizing it.

I made ground turkey stroganoff last night and it turned out really good. I used gluten-free cream of mushroom soup and low-fat sour cream and didn't need to use flour to thicken it. I added gluten-free pasta to it, instead of serving over rice. It was yummy. Tomorrow, I'm making roast beef with lots of veggies in the crockpot.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment