I tried yet another turkey kielbasa recipe tonight. It's called North Woods Bean Soup by Cooking Light (cooking magazine). I'm not a huge fan of Cooking Light but there are a couple of recipes that I like from them. The North Woods Bean Soup was especially good -- I tweaked it a good bit because Cooking Light recipes tend to be a bit bland. It has carrots, onions, garlic, spinach, beans (Great Northern), and turkey kielbasa. I added more carrots, onions, garlic, and kielbasa than the recipe called for (also extra pepper and Italian seasoning) and it was delicious and chock full of vitamins, iron, fiber, protein too. A serving of this recipe is only 227 calories but since I put in a whole pound of kielbasa instead of a half-pound, I'm sure the calories doubled. I
am eating for two, right? This will definitely be a favorite recipe to go into my recipe book. Here's a picture:

I also made a Cooking Light recipe last night and we weren't a fan of this one. I made broccoli and cheese soup with a baked potato on the side. We finished off the leftovers today for lunch and agreed that I would not put this recipe in my recipe book.
The other night I made white chicken chili and the recipe calls for cumin which I'm not a fan of. I choked down a bowl and that was it. The rest is in the freezer for when desperate times call for desperate measures.
Either tomorrow night or following night, I'm making Southwestern Chicken and Rice casserole.
What do you mean Cooking Light has bland recipes?!?! I think you must just pick the wrong ones to try! There's one on my blog for a sausage and black-eyed peas thing...try it...it's wonderful! And I've started (slowly) to put descriptions on the recipes, like you suggested. One day I'll find a way for people to rate them. Not now though...now it's time for HOMEWORK! Ugh.
ReplyDelete