Oct 29, 2008

Let Me Introduce You....

Let me introduce you to Ava Sophia. That's right, we're having a baby girl! It's a girl and her name is Ava Sophia! Oh, did I just repeat myself? I'm just so excited!

We had our ultrasound appointment this morning at 8:00 am. It's been a long wait and I could hardly believe it was finally here! It really filled my heart up to see the baby moving around on the ultrasound screen (it was a BIG flatscreen TV connected to the ultrasound machine) and she was hiding from us when the sonographer tried to take a picture of her face. We saw her heart, diaphragm, kidneys, spine, brain, skull, abdomen, bones in her arms and legs, feet, and her face. She measured normal and right on time (due date is March 30th) and has no birth defects. She's just PERFECT!

After the appointment, Greg and I went to a nearby Starbucks just to sit and savor this. We dreamed and talked for an hour together over coffee and hot chocolate. It was a gorgeous, cold, sunny morning so it was perfect sitting cozy with hot drinks and being excited about the baby. We had ultrasound pictures spread on the table and as people walked by, they glanced at them and smiled. It was there that we decided on her name - Ava Sophia.

Sophia is from the Greek word meaning "wise" or "wisdom." I think Ava means different things in different languages.

We're very excited and very happy. I had a feeling all along that it was a girl but I wouldn't commit to it because I didn't want to trust my feelings and find that I'm wrong. Anyway, I can't wait to see her and hold her!

Below are the ultrasound scans at 18 weeks. I may try to blow up each picture in another post. The one far below is my favorite picture of Ava Sophia - I just love her feet! :-)

1 comment:

  1. How precious...I'm so, so excited for you guys! A GIRL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete