Everything is looking good. We're pretty much out of the danger zone and the doctor said there's no reason not to expect a healthy, normal pregnancy. The baby measured perfectly 11 weeks and 4 days (which is where I should be). I've lost some weight, about 3-4 lbs (probably from the drastically reduced carbs in the gluten-free diet, morning sickness, and aversion to food) but the doctor wasn't concerned about it. He said I needed to start gaining a pound a week starting in the second trimester. I had some anxiety about having celiac disease and the baby getting nutrients (since my small intestine may be damaged and that's where nutrients are absorbed) but the doctor was, again, unconcerned and again pointed out that if I'm gaining weight, then there's no problem. I complained of the sciatic nerve pain that I'd been suffering for awhile but apparently, there's no relief for it but Tylenol and he did say that as the pregnancy progresses, my uterus may shift off the sciatic nerve, giving me relief. Well, there's hope!

It's hard to believe that I'll soon be out of the first trimester! It's definitely wonderful to see the heartbeat and the baby him(her)self and have no shadow hanging over my head of a possible miscarriage. Today, we had the same doctor who discovered and monitored my miscarriage throughout. So, this time, it was great to have him shake our hands and say "Congratulations!" instead of "I'm sorry."
I find myself craving my childh
ood fried Southern cooking. Tonight, I made (I know it's gross) corned beef hash. I know it's gross to some people and highly fattening but I couldn't resist making it like Mom did - fried cubed potatoes with corned beef. Well, I made the corned beef hash tonight for the last time. I don't think I did it right; it was a bit greasy and Greg and I were a bit sick afterwards.I'll post the ultrasound pictures tomorrow! I promise! (EDIT: Changed my mind and stayed up later to post the pictures)
I love the ultrasound pictures. It is great that the dr. took the time to draw the pictures for you. Amazing how that little baby already has arms, legs, hands etc. I am so excited for you guys! Look forward to seeing more posts.
ReplyDeleteLove the photos of our little baby. How exciting to see it grow. Mom
ReplyDeletethank you diana for posting the pictures. They are great. You are doing good don't worry about eating it will all come in due time. You will get so hungry that you think you could eat a cow!! I love you and look forward to more.
ReplyDelete