Well, let's do this in a linear fashion. The last time I wrote about any sort of milestone achievement was in the beginning of June, when Darcy was ten months old. She had just started crawling. Two weeks later, about mid-June, she began pulling up on the furniture. Three weeks later, at the beginning of July, she began cruising along the furniture.
Then, it was Darcy's birthday. We celebrated on her actual birthday, which landed on a Saturday, by hanging out at home and opening presents. The next day, we hosted our Sunday morning fellowship and provided brunch with cake after hearing the message and singing songs to the Father.
She took her first step three days after her birthday. She was practicing balancing on her two feet without a prop so it seemed like she was ready to take a step. I coaxed her, fully expecting her to resist, but she took a step. I whooped in surprise, scaring Darcy. Ava was pretty self-motivated and took her first step right at 9 months without any coaxing so for some reason, I didn't think Darcy would actually respond. After a few days, Darcy completely dropped it, refusing to take any more steps for two weeks. Now at 13 months, she will take a few steps on her own initiative but crawling is still the main mode of transportation.
I weaned Darcy shortly before she turned 13 months.
Her 12-month checkup was postponed for a month due to a number of circumstances but she finally had it. She is healthy, weighing in at 19 lbs and 10 oz, in the 40th percentile (WHO chart; on the CDC chart in America, she is in the 18th percentile). She is 30.75 inches long and in the 85th percentile (WHO chart; 84th on CDC chart). She'd dropped from 93rd to 85th in height in the last 4 months. Typically, a child will triple his birthweight at one year but neither of my girls have ever done that.
***
I left off here on the 11th, intending to return and upload pictures (which isn't my favoritest thing to do), but it's been nearly two weeks since I wrote the above so I'm just gonna go ahead and finish the post with a new development and call it a day. I'll add pictures one of these days. You can tell I am suffering from second child syndome :-) So sorry, folks!
Okay, new development: for the last week since Sept 18th or so (it's now the 25th), Darcy has been choosing to walk over crawling and now she is walking full time. It's so weird to see such a tiny person walking around. She toddles after Ava often. It's definitely fun nowadays! :-)
I left off here on the 11th, intending to return and upload pictures (which isn't my favoritest thing to do), but it's been nearly two weeks since I wrote the above so I'm just gonna go ahead and finish the post with a new development and call it a day. I'll add pictures one of these days. You can tell I am suffering from second child syndome :-) So sorry, folks!
Okay, new development: for the last week since Sept 18th or so (it's now the 25th), Darcy has been choosing to walk over crawling and now she is walking full time. It's so weird to see such a tiny person walking around. She toddles after Ava often. It's definitely fun nowadays! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment