Jun 5, 2013

Darcy: 10 Months

Darcy turned 10 months just a couple of days ago. She is now crawling. I feel sorry for her poor tender knees on the hardwood floors but she seems to be used to it. We had really cool weather in the last few days and I put pants on her one day. She couldn't crawl on the hardwood floor with her pants; her knees just skidded and slipped. Anyway, she is starting to branch out and explore.

She is eating pretty well and it's cute to me to watch her delicately pick up food with an index finger and thumb. She still rejects dairy. She now has 7 teeth, four on top and three at the bottom. I think she may have more teeth than Ava did at this age.

Today, Darcy just discovered the strawberry birthmark on her upper right arm. I noticed her staring at it and pressing a finger on it.

I keep teaching her sign language and she watches intently. I am inconsistent with it but she sees us signing with each other so I hope she is still absorbing. She is definitely fascinated when she watches us sign with our Deaf friends.

Darcy continues to be more laidback than her sister. She still has her fussy, clingy days but generally, she doesn't complain about much (except being put down for naps and bedtime). I remember Ava being  more intense and busy.

That's all I can think of!

A cool afternoon at the beach



No comments:

Post a Comment