Sep 6, 2012

Darcy: One Month Old

On Monday, I took Darcy to her one-month check up. She gained two pounds and grew 2 inches since her last check up three weeks ago. Astounding. I'm not even counting the weight she gained the first week since her birth. She's currently 11 lbs and 22.8 inches. I can't believe that she's only a month old and weighs eleven pounds. I mean, that's the weight of an average 2-month-old. We have ourselves a chunker.

Because we have a chunker, we have a pretty good night sleeper. Darcy goes about 6 or 7-hour stretches at night without waking up to feed. In a couple of weeks, she'll probably go about 8 hours. So if I wake her to feed at 10 or 11 pm (my bedtime), maybe she'll go the rest the night without feeding so that means we'll get uninterrupted sleep... hopefully.

Darcy's a puker. She. pukes. a. lot. We need shower liners for the couches and full-size raincoats. I've had to change shirts multiple times in a day. It's not just a little spot on my shoulder...it's a river of spit-up down my shirt and hers. I kid you not. She might be a puker but she's still cute.

I really should put up some pictures but they're all just pictures of Darcy sleeping. Kind of boring. When she becomes more fun, I'll post more pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment