I already posted about this on Facebook but wanted to share with you who aren't on Facebook (smart people).
My shirt had a graphic flower print with a few purple rhinestones scattered on it. When Ava saw the rhinestones, she gasped "YOU sparkle!"
On that same day, she was alternating between being cute and being sassy. During a sassy moment, I told Ava she had a bad attitude. She said, "Me don't have a bad 'tude." 'Tude? That's teenage slang. She sounded like a teenager.
Ava mimics the things I say in exasperation when dealing with her. I don't have any specifics but I'd say something like "Don't do that. EVER." Or something like "If you do that, we won't do this. EVER." Now, she tacks on the "EVER" at the end of a similar sentence with the same attitude I put behind it. It's like looking into a mirror.
Exasperating kid. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment