Jun 22, 2010

About Time

It's about time for another post (and time to change the blog background - like the new look?). I'm trying to think of interesting things Ava is doing or learning. There is one thing that's fun. As I've mentioned, I've been showing "Signing Time" videos to Ava and they have a few songs on the videos incorporating the vocabulary. In teaching signs for "dirty" and "clean," there are two lines in a song that go, "Oh whoa, look at my hands, look at my hands, they're dirty. Oh whoa, look at my hands, look at my hands, they're clean." It's a repetitive song. Ava has started saying "oh" and "whoa" and not necessarily together like in the song. One day, she was saying "oh" over and over and we decided to supply the rest of the lyrics in the song, in the call-and-respond method of singing. (Ava:) "Oh-" (Us:) "-whoa, look at my hands, look at my hands, they're dirty." And Ava, in perfect beat to the song, starts the next line, "Oh-" and we continue, "-whoa, look at my hands, look at my hands, they're clean." What has us laughing is the fact that Ava has perfect timing and hollers out "OH!"at the end of each verse and keeps us singing.

We are currently visiting Ava's grandparents in Virginia right now. Yesterday morning, we took Ava to the beach on Chesapeake Bay where the surf is calmer, more appropriate for small children. I was looking forward to sharing the beach experience with Ava because I wanted her to love the beach as I do. She loved the sand and the water but tired really quickly. Here are some pictures and hopefully I can upload a video of her playing in the water.












*Note: there used to be an icon to add video to the post but it disappeared. Until I can figure this out, I can't add videos to the blog. Sad!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/22/2010

    We are going to make a beach girl out of her yet, Diana. She is so cute and looked like she was having a good time. We (Florida girls) need a little time at the beach with the sand, sun and water. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete