Feb 16, 2010

Run!

Ava loves being chased. Before she was walking, she would see either me or her daddy crawling after her and growling and she'd squeal and crawl furiously away before getting cornered and turning around to face her foe with delight. Now that she's walking, I'd get down on hands and knees to chase her and it's hilarious to watch her try to walk as fast as she could to escape me. She'd get so excited that she'd pick up her feet quickly but not move along. She tries to toddle along and the faster she goes, the more wobbly she gets. This morning, I was chasing her and she ran away and tripped and did a face-plant on a toy which split her upper gum. Ow, poor darling. I don't think kids start to run until after their second birthday.

Greg and I went to a couple of craft stores this weekend to look for supplies and Ava refused to be carried around. She won't ride in carts for long, demanding to be put down (so I now shop for groceries alone). That kid wants to walk everywhere. It's fun except when there's too much foot traffic, putting Ava in danger of being knocked down. We got her a walker for Christmas, thinking she'd use it to practice walking for a couple of months, but two or three weeks after Christmas she was walking without it. I guess the walker will be collecting dust.

It's hard to believe she's been walking everywhere. She looks so tiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment