Feb 18, 2010
Copying Mommy
Recently, I saw Ava find my hairbrush and put it to her head for the first time (she didn't figure out how to brush her hair, though). I was tickled because I was seeing for the first time that Ava understood the purpose of an object and what to do with it. She watches me use it while blowdrying my hair and at times when I freshen up. I usually will also brush her hair when I brush mine. The other day, I was at a friend's house with another friend and we were all hanging out. Ava found a toy cellphone and it occurred me that she wouldn't put it her ear in play because she's never seen me do that with my cell. I figure later she'll just push the buttons with both thumbs like her mama, pretending to send text messages - that's definitely something she sees me doing often during the day! Okay, that last sentence didn't sound right - it appears that I'm saying she watches me pretend to send text messages. I really do send text messages. Lots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment