Feb 2, 2010

Another Tooth on Groundhog Day

Ava has another tooth. Again, it surprised me because I'd been looking where her top front teeth would be. She had a bruise on her top gum a while ago that can happen with a new tooth coming down. Trust Ava not to follow typical teething patterns. Her new tooth is next to her bottom teeth. Greg was actually the one who noticed it. This morning, we were pinning Ava down so I could irrigate her nose with saline and suction out all the congestion in her nose (so pitiful!) and of course, Ava would have none of it and she let us know with screaming. With her mouth wide open with ear splitting screams, Greg could see that new pearly surprise peeking out of her gum.

Today is Groundhog Day! Will we get 6 more weeks of winter? Looking out the window at the snow on the ground, I definitely think so. We should check with Punxsutawney Phil. Apparently, his handlers can understand groundhog-ese so they'll report to us. Oh, and this rodent actually has a Facebook fan page. Does anyone besides me think that is a bit ridiculous? Anyway, I always watch "Groundhog Day" with Billy Murray on Groundhog Day every year. Just my silly little tradition.

So Ava saw her first snow. Here are pictures:

"Look, Ava....SNOW!!" (predawn)
"Bah? Bah! Pthht!" Ava-ese for "What's this? Everything looks different! Whoa!"
"Uh-aaah? Aaah!" ("Can we go outside?")
Yes, I've got socks for mittens and mismatched socks at that. My mommy neglected to buy me mittens.
Jumping in feet first

Going walking the next day...
...in my rugged snowmobile

1 comment:

  1. The Grands in VA2/02/2010

    I don't recall Greg really liking having his eye balls sucked out of his head when he was congested either. Glad to hear that the tooth is now showing itself. Maybe the little princess will not be too out of sorts for her Mommy & Daddy. Love you guys, J&D

    ReplyDelete