Y'all know that song from West Side Story, right? Here are some of the first lyrics:
"I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me tonight.
I feel charming,
Oh, so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel!
And so pretty
That I hardly can believe I'm real."
You think I might be in a good mood if I'm singing something like this song. Well, I'm not exactly ecstatic, over the moon or anything but at least, I'm not in a terrible mood. "I feel pretty, oh so pretty" because I got a manicure and a pedicure today. A pedicure is a rare treat for me, one that I enjoy maybe once a year, if that. A manicure is even rarer still because manicures don't last as long as pedicures and I usually like my fingernails natural and unpainted. I can't reach down to paint my toenails anyway because of my big belly, although Greg was secure enough in his manliness to paint my toenails for me last month. :-)
I treated myself to a pedicure and manicure today because my OB visit this morning was disappointing -- enough that I nearly cried. I was checked and there was no progress. I'm still only 1 cm dilated. At my appointment next week (day after my due date), they'll probably discuss setting a date for me to be induced a week after that. I'm guessing April 7th or thereabouts.
I was really cranky yesterday and I think getting no news from the OB today just really topped it off. After my appointment, I bucked up and decided that I wasn't going to let it bother me so I'd go pamper myself and not feel an IOTA of guilt. The manicure and pedicure really helped me to relax and feel better. I watched Food Network while getting my nails done which made me wish we had cable at home so I could watch that channel and get great ideas.
Well, my toenails are painted a bright hot pink/coral color, all ready for spring and my feet are going to look "pretty, oh so pretty" for the hospital!
No comments:
Post a Comment