I thought I'd take advantage of this and post about the baby shower yesterday. My dear friend Jordan gave this shower with another friend helping out. It was a warm, sunny weekend, about 70 degrees, which really lifted my spirits. I was having the case of winter blahs. The shower was yesterday afternoon and I took advantage of the warm weather to wear a dress, instead of the usual pants. I felt a bit silly in the dress because the dress hangs directly off the belly and I felt like I looked like a beach ball on two toothpicks (I wore heels and it only served to elongate my legs even more, emphasizing the toothpick effect) and when I tried on the dress, I laughed and laughed, collapsing on the bed at the sight of myself in the mirror.
The shower was wonderful and I enjoyed everyone's company there, although my least favorite thing was all eyes were on me while I was opening presents. Greg's mom, her best friend, and Greg's grandmama were able to come down from Virginia for the shower! I got all kinds of things -- nursing supplies, diapers, clothes, pacifiers, blankets, towels, washcloths, burp cloths, baby hangers, bibs, and a bouncy seat. I've been bl'ssed tremendously by the shower hostess and everyone who came and gave gifts. I'm excited about organizing and putting away everything in the baby's room. Hmm, that might be another 5 am activity I could do!

Here's a picture at 33 weeks. It's been 3 weeks since the last belly picture. I'm headed to the doctor on Friday for another OB check-up.
7 more weeks to go!
Hey Darling, I can't wait to see baby Ava. Love the photo of you, you look so cute. Love you, Mom
ReplyDeleteDi,
ReplyDeleteYou most certainly DON'T look like a beach ball. You look awesome! I really enjoyed your shower and can't wait to see little miss Ava.