
We picked up our crib last night! We drove my car, thinking the trunk was so roomy and with the back seats down, we'd be able to fit the box in my car but it turned out to be wishful thinking. After we went inside and asked for the crib, we came back out and pulled up the car to the store entrance for the store employee to load into my car. When we saw the box coming out, we realized it wasn't going to fit but Greg and the employee were game to try and sure enough, it didn't fit. I hit on the idea to take the parts out of the box and load them into the trunk (not an original idea - I'd glanced at a comment somewhere on the internet in passing about a couple taking out the crib parts to put in their car and I happened to remember it at the right time). So, Greg and the employee made it work! I'm glad that we were able to bring it home or I would've been terribly disappointed. It isn't assembled yet but it will be soon!
The picture above is what it looks - minus the crib bedding.
We're leaving tomorrow on our babymoon. Some of you have probably already heard the term before but it's basically a "last hurrah" type of vacation with just the two of us before the baby comes. Greg and I haven't had a vacation for just the two of us since January of 2008! We've been on plenty of road trips all year and most of them were to visit family or friends but this trip is for us. This worked out pretty well since we're on school break and I'm right at the beginning of my third trimester and still feeling good generally.
Since it's a winter and I'm pregnant (no skiing, tubing, snowshoeing, etc), we decided to visit a big city like New York City but our babymoon is over New Year's and we didn't relish the thought of NYC on New Year's Eve. Imagine how crazy NYC would be! So, we decided on Philadelphia. It's a cheaper alternative and closer geographically, only a 7-hr drive. Instead of paying money to fly to NYC, we'll use the money to stay in a nice hotel in downtown Philly where we can walk everywhere to see all the historical landmarks (Independence Hall and Liberty Bell and those famous steps that Rocky ran up and raised his arms up in victory, jumping at the top of the steps). On New Year's Day, there is supposed to be a fantastic, grand-scale parade to rival the parades in NYC (confession: I like parades!) and that evening, we'll be taking in a show.
So, it'll be a nice little vacation for the two of us and since it's wintertime, this is the best choice we have. If it was summer, we'd be in the mountains or on the beach with my big belly pooching out.
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment