
Okay, okay, a complaint was filed by a grandparent - we've not made a post. :-) Here goes:
I'm now 9 weeks pregnant. We found out we were pregnant about end of July. In early August when I was about 5-6 weeks along, we had a little scare called "a threatened miscarriage" and had a nice visit with everyone in the emergency room of Rex hospital. It was a 9-hour stay that ended with a pronouncement that everything looked okay. It took 9 hours to tell us that? Nevertheless, we were relieved. It followed with more doctor appointments to have blood taken from my arm. My arms are pretty tender from being stabbed multiple times. My hormone count ("quants" they called it) were high and doubling as it should, another indication of a healthy pregnancy. We were still anxious because there's the basic human need to see for ourselves. SO....
Last week, when I was 8 weeks along, I had an ultrasound. Greg and I saw a little peanut with a heartbeat! You can see the picture above. Doesn't the kid look like he's being squashed? "Ahhh, I'm being squashed!" The head is on the left side if you can't tell.
And would you like to know how I'm feeling? I'm 9 weeks along and my morning sickness (just nausea) is pretty much gone. Isn't that great? I don't sleep well at night and I take naps in the daytime - apparently a certain pregnancy hormone is the culprit. I'm slowly returning to my normal self.
Greg is carefully, seriously considering the names "Tank," "Cannon," and "Scout." He obviously thinks it's a boy. The Chinese Conception chart, based on my age and the month the baby was conceived, predicts the baby to be a boy. Let's see if it's right or not!
No comments:
Post a Comment